72-Channel PCI Express Card with ADAT, SPDIF and AES I/O
A multi-channel, multi-format and multi-task tool in stunning professional quality, the ideal solution from recording up to the final mastering.
Connectivity and Features
For the first time, even SPDIF (phono) and AES/EBU (XLR) are simultaneously operational due to separated hardware and record/playback devices. RayDAT offers no less than 4 x ADAT optical I/O, SPDIF I/O and AES/EBU I/O. That's a whopping 36 channels of inputs and outputs. On top, there are 2 MIDI I/Os and TotalMix, RME's unsurpassed DSP-based real-time mixer/router, with hardware-calculated level metering and complete MIDI remote capability. HDSPe RayDAT also supports the optional TCO for synchronization to timecode (LTC/video).
Internal ADAT inputs and outputs allow to add up to two TDIF ports directly inside the computer via RME's optional expansion boards.
HDSPe RayDAT is the newly developed PCI Express version of the HDSP 9652. A genuine PCI Express core consequently takes full advantage of the new format, achieving significant performance gains in multitrack audio. Thanks to RME's secure flash update technology, firmware improvements, adjustments, and bugfixes can be installed easily at any time.
The HDSPe RayDAT provides unique features:
- 4 x ADAT digital I/O, supporting 192 kHz via S/MUX4 operation
- 1 x SPDIF digital I/O, 192 kHz-capable
- 1 x AES/EBU digital I/O, 192 kHz-capable
- 2 x MIDI I/O, 32 channels high-speed MIDI via breakout cable
- Up to 36 inputs and 36 outputs can be used simultaneously!
- DIGICheck, RME's unique metering- and analysing tool
- TotalMix: 2592 channel mixer with 42 bit internal resolution
- Native PCI Express - no PCI to PCI Express bridge used
- S/MUX poured in hardware: 16 channels 24-bit/96kHz for record and playback on ADAT optical
- HDSPe RayDAT includes SteadyClockTM, RME's own clock technology, combining professional features like maximum
- jitter suppression at full varipitch capabilities and software controlled sample rates.
DIGICheck for Windows: Spectral Analyser, professional level meter for 2, 8, or 36 channels, Vector Audio Scope, various other audio analysis tools.
HDSP TCO Timecode Option Module adding further sync options:
1 x word clock I/O, 1 x video sync input (alternative to wc input), 1 x LTC I/O.
- Digital breakout cable, AES/EBU & SPDIF (BO968)
- MIDI breakout cable (BOHDSP9652MIDI)
- Supported sample frequencies: Internally 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz. Externally 28 kHz - 200 kHz.
- 8 buffer sizes/latencies available: 0.7 ms, 1.5 ms, 3 ms, 6 ms, 12 ms, 23 ms, 46 ms, 93 ms
- All settings changeable in realtime
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Mixed mode: All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- Unsurpassed Bitclock PLL (audio synchronization) in ADAT mode
- TMS (Track Marker Support): Supports CD/DAT start-IDs and the read out of CD subcode
- DIGICheck, RME's ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Unique status windows for record and playback, showing mode and sample
- Super low jitter design: < 1 ns in all clock modes
HDSPe PCI and HDSPe ExpressCard card to 20, RayDAT to 14, AES to 11, MADIface to 23, AIO to 14
Updates HDSPe MADI to firmware version 30, HDSPe PCI and HDSPe ExpressCard to 20, RayDAT to 13, AES to 9, MADIface to 23, AIOto 13
Mac OS X Intel Flash Update Tool for HDSPe System. Updates HDSPe MADI to firmware version 29, HDSPe PCI and HDSPe ExpressCard to 18, RayDAT to 11, AES to 7, MADIface to 11, AIO to 10.
Mac OS X SL (10.6) Intel driver for HDSPe series (MADI, AES, RayDAT, AIO, MADIface, Multiface, Digiface, RPM). Supports 10.5 in 32 bit, 10.6 in 32 bit and 64 bit. See readme.txt for important notes!
Supports 10.6 or up in 32 bit/64 bit. See readme.txt for important notes! Version 4.10
EBU R-128 Meter. Surround Audio Scope with ITU weighting. Stereo / Multichannel / Global Level Meter, Spectral Analyser, Vector Audio Scope, Correlation Meter, Bit Statistic & Noise. In this version a display of plaback data is not possible via Core Audio, only via hardware level. Supports all cards of the HDSPe, FireWire and USB series. (11/14/2016)